Thursday, January 7, 2010

Simple girl, simple wish – to Be Well. Simply.

Welcome to 2010, and the first installment of Be Well. Simply.

I'm Not Your Average Jane. I’m a full-time person: Student, professional, girlfriend, roommate, friend, sister. My day is filled with 24 hours of competing identities, challenges, triumphs, with hardly any time to commit to any regimented exercise program, carefully planned diets, or even a gym membership. I’m no expert on wellness, exercise, or nutrition by any means, but I think an awful lot about what works for me on my silly, hectic schedule. I learn something new every day about just being well, simply. Fifteen minutes of yoga to stretch and wake up in the morning. A good green tea when I need a reboot. An impromptu dance party with good friends. And most importantly – community. The sharing between fellow women adds a whole other dimension to “wellness”: expanding a network of recipe-finding, 10k-training, adventure-seeking, yoga pant-loving, green, friendly fellow women who find ways every day to be well. Simply.

So, here we are.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment