Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Place



Hi there.

A few days back, the Huffington Post shared some sweet little tidbits on finding your own inner happiness and balance. Thought I'd share my faves. All good things to work on!

"Follow a plant-based diet - Plants are miracles, just like we are. The facts are pouring in each and every day. I think we can intelligently say a plant-based diet is better for our health and our environment. Try to have the majority of your diet be plant-based.

Exercise - I cannot begin to tell you the incredible impact cardio workouts have had on my outlook and general well-being. Whether it is yoga or running, rebounding or cycling, get out and get it done. Exercise releases chemicals in the brain that actually calm us!

Foster a spirituality that includes meditation - Whether you believe in God, Buddha, the universe, etc., at the end of the day, having faith that there is something bigger than us brings a certain peace of mind.

Spend time in nature - I am an acknowledged tree hugger. Again, plants are alive, and miracles just like us. Hug a tree and feel the energy. Take some deep breaths in a forest ... feel the peace pouring in. Even if you live in a big city, spend time in a park. [YES! Studies have shown that living near a park or greenery helps keep depression at bay. And sometimes, NOTHING beats a long hike on a crisp day. -NYAJ]

9- Simplify and release your attachment to material things - We are all overwhelmed with stuff. Living probably only requires 5% of the things we have. Stop for a moment and think about everything you own in this way: Does it serve a purpose? Will it help me achieve an ideal life? If not, toss it or, even better, donate it."

via Huffington Post

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm a huge krishna das fan- and I had no idea you were a yogarina, too. I have to talk to you about the harvard gym, because I have NOT been able to figure it out much, lol. The last class I tried to get to was all booked up, and the one before that was terrible....

    ReplyDelete