Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Fave Recipe, Finally!

Happy Groundhog Day!

Whew, I have been such a busy little bee the past two weeks with school starting up again. Yet, my classes are GREAT, so I don't mind filling my days with thought-provoking readings and stimulating, practice-based discussion. And - drumroll please - I joined the Harvard gym. I just simply couldn't take stepping outside and expecting my body to run over 3 miles in 13 degree weather any longer (thanks bunches, groundy-hogger). More on my woes and wins at my impossibly small and awkward new gym in upcoming posts... like my frequent incredulous looks at those who read (and highlight) their textbooks on the elliptical. Thank goodness for yoga classes!

So, it's a wonder I haven't scurried to my Macbook earlier to provide you with one of my absolute most favoritest (I get to invent words, you'll learn to love it), simple, delicious, fulfilling, and WICKED good meals. Especially during the impossibly chilly evenings here in New England, this warm roasted vegetable and goat cheese salad consistently makes my belly happy. Bon Appetit!

Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Salad

You'll Need:
1 head of Boston lettuce
Veggies for Roastin': I like sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini, & red onions
Crumbled goat cheese
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Salt & pepper

Prepare:
1. Cut up veggies into bite-sized chunks (I like to quarter the red onion, leaving the layers intact)
2. Toss with about a tablespoon of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper!), throw on baking sheet, and bake at 400 for about ~20 min (they should be a little brown and tender)
3. Whisk up 1 part olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar (about a tablespoon each should do it), add salt & pepper
4. Toss lettuce with dressing, add goat cheese.
5. Top with roasted veggies

Enjoy the YUMFEST. You're welcome!

-NYAJ

PS, I apologize for the zero food pics on this blog. I'm usually far too hungry to whip out the powershot while the foodz get cold... but I'll try some self-restraint for next time! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment